Want a healthy snack that fills you up? My Hummus Dip will do just that! Perfect for entertaining, or to make up a batch and snack on through the week. This recipe makes about 2 cups of hummus, so you can also freeze any left overs to enjoy later on.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas, soaked in 3 cups water overnight, then drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup hulled tahini
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Add chickpeas, bay leaf and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan with 2 litres water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour until chickpeas are soft.
- Drain well and keep the cooking liquid aside.
- Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Process chickpeas, 1/4 cup of reserved cooking liquid, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and olive oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste with Himalayan salt.
Enjoy my Hummus Dip with seed crackers, fresh vegetable sticks (carrot, cucumber, celery) and snow peas.
Love, health & happiness,