Getting chocolate cravings, but concerned about added sugars, soy and trans fats from store bought brands. Try my homemade chocolate recipe and always have a healthy option on hand!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup cacao butter, shredded and grated
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- some crushed almonds/ hazelnuts/ shredded coconut for garnish
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp lacuma powder (available at Health food Shops)
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1-3 drops wild orange or peppermint essential oil (certified for safe internal use)
- pinch well ground Himalayan salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Put cacao butter into bowl over simmering saucepan of 2 inches of water
- Stir until melted.
- Add rice malt syrup, salt and stir until combined.
- Add cacao powder and lacuma and stir until combined.
- Put coconut oil into another bowl over water, stir until melted.
- Add essential oil drops to the coconut oil before adding to the mixture and combine.
- Add mixture to a squirt bottle (sauce bottle) and squirt slowly to half fill
- molds, shaking the mixture in between each mould.
- Add nuts/ shredded coconut to moulds and top with extra chocolate mixture.
- Continuously shake mixture between each mould.
- Freeze for minimum 3 hours.
Once set you can store in your fridge/ freezer for when you need your healthy chocolate fix!
Love, health & happiness,
ps. Want more info on high quality essential oils? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org